Thursday, February 2, 2017

The computer desk build and office remodel

I couldn't stand the home office.  So Sarah and I decided to remodel.  I built a new desk/built-in to replace a desk we had that never really fit well or worked well

Top and drawer fronts are all solid same tree walnut

Had some "leftover" super wide popular (18") that had really cool colors for the carcase.  It's a shame this is being painted black.

All the drawers were solid soft maple.  The offcut side (not as figured) of the curly maple boards i bought at the same time I got the walnut.

Stripped and ready for sconces

Cut the wire chase out of the top with the japanese plunge saw, then used a ryoba to finish

Finished desk in place.  Still have some moulding, speakers and a matching file cabinet to built.  Knobs are offcut african blackwood i have.  I like that there is so much drawer space and the computer actually fits in the cabinet.  My legs also fit underneath the desk unlike the old one.

No comments:

Post a Comment