Thursday, February 2, 2017

I done cut some lumber

Saved these from our cherry/plum tree that cam down.  I wish they had but cut into longer rounds, but the tree was way to big for me to chainsaw myself and so we had to hire someone.  They're still long enough for me to use as boxes?  Cutting boards?

From the firewood pile.  Pretty much just right after I cut one straight edge with the chainsaw

Lots of waste coming off the bandsaw.  Everything was just so irregular

A couple of blocks (a little short) that I hope can try and turn into end tables or foot rests after drying and cleanup

Doesn't look like a lot of lumber, but there are a few bowls in there and quite a few boxes or cutting boards.  Cut all 8/4 since I wasn't sure how much tension they'd dry with and hence how much I would lose to jointing.  All done on the minimax mm20.

Boards were all variegated, almost like tulipwood / tulip rosewood.  Also super heavy and super hard, probably because it was a tree that grew in the shade?


No comments:

Post a Comment