Sunday, January 7, 2018

2017 Misc Projects

Sorry for the white balance, I accidentally left it on the cloudy day setting from when I used the camera at the coast.

The doors on the tool cabinet always bothered me, I used wood that was warped and the doors never closed right.  I fixed that this year as well as cleaned up the field with a cabinet where there was a lot of dead space.  The open shelves will soon be drawers.  I'm getting closer to being able to button up everything and run the leaf blower to blow out dust with impunity.

New saw horses Krenov style.  Meant to be disassembled.  The vacuum boom arm on the left.  This will eventually be the reference table I used to flatten the walnut boards for the dining table using a router jig.

A new japanese style toolbox/cabinet for my saws.


Each saw is french fitted, mostly worked, there are saws that still aren't right that I have to fix.  Used a lot of scrap, but maybe I used a piece that just wasn't mean to be.


Japanese style toolbox that I hung up for the drills and drill bits.  More of a opportunity to use some scrap afromosia than anything.   But nice to have a dedicated place for drills.

Stump footstool from our plum tree that fell down two years ago.  Fill all the cracks with a lot of epoxy, turns out they weren't fully dry yet and continued to open up in doors.

Never happy with the pergola.  This year, replaced all the lattice with painted material.  Also, reinforced the beams with angle iron.  Had to make a jig for the truck to carry home 14' pieces of metal.  Pretty sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment