Sunday, April 27, 2014

I have a lumber problem

This time it's for the pergola.  It was a good deal for redwood, what can I say?  I have projects for the black walnut...  13' long clear boards from the same tree, lots of possibilities.  Curly maple with lots of character?  I'm sure I can find something to do with that!

Needed some redwood, why not get some walnut and maple while I'm at it?  Redwood is pretty nice, a little short, but it's just so hard to find dimensional.  I'll make good use of it for the pergola's. 

Looks messy, but it was a lot worse.  French cleat wall just to hang up stuff and get it off the floor.  Used to store lumber here vertically, but it just didn't seem to store much and boards were hard to get to, especially if they were right at 8'.

Went to the plywood store to find some cheap plywood.  The cheapest they had was pre-finished birch plywood.  Guess what was on the other side?  The nicest cherry I've seen on plywood.  Felt a little guilty about making a french cleat wall and a router table with cherry plywood, but I'll get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment