Sunday, February 6, 2011

Back in the shop

This week I started the storage bench project.  I bought a little too much cherry, but I'll find a use for the leftovers.  I have enough to build two.  This is the first project since the dust collection upgrade to metal pipe.  Previously, the cyclone was in the middle of the shop.  It's real nice to have that space back.  It's also real nice to just open the blast gate and be good to go.  Much easier.  Also the first time that I had a real dust collection solution for the miter saw.  I use it a lot to break down stock and it was a very big dust creater.  The new setup works decent.  I can't tell there is dust in the air.

Lastly, just replaced my plane stop.  I previously tried to use the dog holes to secure it.  Too difficult to line up, nearly impossible to pound in and get out.  Stupid drill guide caused me to drill the holes at an angle (the wrong way).  The new ones works great.  Tried the LN #4 on the rails and stiles and what a breeze!  Hopefully, I can do the majority of the cleanup with the handplanes and not sand as much anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment